Apple Crumble and Puhoi Valley Vanilla Bean Custard
Braeburn apples, stewed
Sultanas or raisins
Ground cinnamon, or ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Soft brown sugar
Chilled butter, cut into small pieces
Sunflower seeds, lightly toasted, optional
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a 4-cup capacity ovenproof dish.<br />
- Add the sultanas or raisins to the hot apples and place in the prepared dish.
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and rolled oats in a food processor and process for 10 seconds. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir through the sunflower seeds if using.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple mixture and place in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve crumble with Puhoi Valley Vanilla Bean Custard.