Puhoi Valley Colombian Espresso Tiramisu
Puhoi Valley Colombian Espresso milk
1 ½ cups
Hot, strong black coffee
Packet sponge fingers (savoiardi)
Dark chocolate, grated or shaved
Dark cocoa powder to dust
- Place the milk in a heavy-based saucepan and bring up to boiling point. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a bowl and mix until creamy. Pour on the milk and mix until smooth.
- Return to the rinsed-out saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the custard is thick. Remove from the heat and beat well to remove any lumps that might have formed.
- Place in a bowl and cover custard with baking paper to prevent a skin from forming. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, fold in the mascarpone and then the whipped cream to lighten the custard. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the custard mixture.
- Pour the coffee and brandy into a shallow bowl. Dip about half the sponge fingers into this mixture, ensuring they do not become totally saturated, and arrange in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Cover with half the custard mixture and sprinkle with half the chocolate. Repeat with the remaining sponge fingers, custard mixture and chocolate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to firm up for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, top with the whipped cream and dust with the cocoa powder.